Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Healthy Vegan Sweet Potato Creamy Soup Dip

I've been craving sweet potatoes for a the last few days. Organic ones are hard to find in my neighborhood. There is plenty of yams but no sweet potatoes around. So I had to wait for farmers market day to get my hands on some :) woohoo

The soup I made was very thick and creamy. I used just enough coconut milk so the blender can chop up and liquify everything.

INGREDIENTS





I am a very lazy cook. The recipe is half raw half cooked because I didn't want to wait for everything to come to a boil and then cool off.  It was very delicious nevertheless.

So... STEP ONE

BLEND
1 sweet potato
1 small beet (optional,  I used it more for color than for the taste. You will taste the beet a little so if you are not into the earthy taste of beets you can just skip it)
A cup or so of coconut/almond milk
A pinch of cinnamon
1/4 of an Onion
3 Cardamom pots (you will taste the cardamom so if you don't like cardamom skip it)  I loved the blending of flavors.

Blend all of the above ingredients raw and bring to a boil on the stove.


STEP TWO

BLEND

2 carrots
1 yellow bell pepper
1/2 - 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin (I used a canned version because pumpkins are out of season)
1 clove of Garlic (If you prefer the garlic cooked then just blend it with the ingredients in step one)
Coconut milk depending on the consistency you desire
Optional: Vegetable Stock, Oil, Salt

Once everything on the stove has been simmering for 5-10 minutes you can poor the raw ingredients in and turn the stove off.


Once cooled off you can blend everything again.

Serve!

Sprinkle with savory, thyme, cinnamon, lemon black pepper, jamaican spices or curry, sumac, cayenne, cilantro, chives, ginger or whatever spices you love.
Optional -you can sauté the onions, garlic, jamaican spices and bell pepper in olive oil or coconut butter before blending them into the rest of the ingredients.


ENJOY!





3 comments:

  1. Hi Ali! Lovely recipe- the beets give it such a gorgeous color!
    I was just wondering if you could do a post on the beauty products you use and your daily beauty routine?? Your skin is absolutely glowing, which I'm sure your diet plays a large role in too, but I'd love to see what products you use! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle D I am writing a post on vegan makeup. My skin is far from perfect but will do one on skin care <3

      Delete

Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c