Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Fragrant Orange Flower Water for Beautiful Skin

Delicious and aromatic drink idea

It's the orange blossom season. My neighborhood is infused with the perfume of the blossoming orange flowers. I love the scent! It reminds so much of jasmine.
So I figured I must use my orange blossom distillate ( Hydrosols are a byproduct of the essential oil production and the have multiple cosmetic and culinary uses.) I had purchased from a Persian store.
I generally use it for cosmetic purposes mostly. But today I decided to put a few drops of it in my water. And oh yum, perfumy goodness!!! It also goes great in almond, coconut hot milk. It goes great with cardamom, rice, saffron, carrots. You can even put it in salads, garbanzo dips, desserts, etc. (not everybody loves that edible perfume idea, it certainly took me a while to learn to appreciate the flavor.)

Once you are done indulging in the drink you can go ahead and make a face toner from it.
Orange blossom water is great as a face toner for oily to normal and acne prone skin. It can refresh and hydrate dull skin and give you an aromatherapy boost. It is similar to witch hazel in its firming and tightening effects. It balances the oiliness of the skin, helps with circulation, it is used to reduce redness, puffiness, acne outbreaks and acne scars.
Just place it in a spritz bottle and spray on clean face and neck. Or use with a cotton ball after you wash your face.

If you have oily or combination skin you can also enjoy Peppermint water hydrosol from my beloved Mountain Rose Herbs. Its invigorating and refreshing. Great for overheated, red skin.
Another idea for use is to soak a face mask sheet in peppermint or orange hydrosol plus some homemade green tea and place on your face for 15 minutes. It has an immediate effect on your complexion. :)
If you have dry skin then Rose water is better suited for you.

OM SHANTI




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c