Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

Friday, June 28, 2013

Reishi tea

 Reishi mushroom tea!



GROUNDING, ENERGIZING AND UPLIFTING AT THE SAME TIME NO COFFEE "COFFEE" DRINK.
REISHI, RHEUMANIA, ASTRAGALUS.
HEALING, DELICIOUS
ALMOND AND COCONUT MILK ADDED
Ingredients:
one whole reishi mushroom (from chinatown or mountain rose herbs) about 6" in diameter
one piece of cooked rheumania
4 strips of astragalus

brew it for at least 45 mins on low fire. serve with almond/coconut milk to offset the bitterness. and continue rebrewing it for 5-6 more times. i re-brew for 2 days and at some point i blend the reishi in my blendtek. reishi is very tough and it can break a regular blender. so just cut it up with scissors if you dont have a vitamix, blendtek.

it has the body and bitterness of  tastes in some ways better than coffee.
also it seems to erase the desire for coffee. not sure why.
its mildly energizing but in much more subtle way yet more powerful.

it nourishes the kidneys and adrenals. very anti-carcinogenic and immune building.
Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I would love to try this "no coffee" coffee drink! I'm really trying to eliminate coffee from my diet and this sounds like a wonderful substitute with added health benefits. LOVE that :) What are the ingredients and how do I make it?

    Thanks,
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andie, I edited the post and added the exact recipe. Try it out and let me know if it works for you. When i originally quit coffee I was drinking this and green coffee and didn't go through withdrawals at all. Also for some unknown to me reason it made me dislike coffee. :)I will have to explain it in a post because it was a painless way to quit coffee.

      Delete

Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c