Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

Friday, March 7, 2014

What I ate in a day. Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant rich Liver & Kidney Flush Challenge




Good Morning Beauties,
I started a little challenge that I am excited to share with you in a few days. Its a 30 day morning liver and kidney flush. So first thing in the morning I made a power juice shot.
ORGANIC BEETS
CELERY, TURMERIC, CUCUMBER, BEETS, CILANTRO, ASPARAGUS, LEMON
YUMMY LIVER CLEANSE JUICE :)

TURMERIC JUICE
TURMERIC IS A GREAT ANTI-INFLAMMATORY FOR DOGS
GALANGAL
TURMERIC
TURMERIC & CARROTS


Today's teas were simple yet delicious and healing.
Orange peel tea made with the left over organic orange peels. Orange peel in Chinese medicine has been used for centuries to improve digestion, bloating, heartburn, GERD, HIGH CHOLESTEROL; also used as an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and an immune system boosting herb. The essential oils contained in the peels is great for insomnia, depression, nervous tension and anxiety.
ORANGE PEEL STEEPING IN MY PAN

Later on I had some turmeric tea. Great for joint inflammation and a skin beautifier. Indian women have been traditionally using turmeric as a brightening face mask. I tried mixing turmeric and L ascorbic acid and resveratrol to make a turmeric Vitamin C treatment and I have to say that my hands turned yellow from handling it but my face did NOT. hehe :D
HEATING UP FRESH TURMERIC BLENDED WITH WATER AND ALMOND MILK


 A FEW HOURS LATER - BREAKFAST






 I mix cacao powder with coconut milk, mesquite powder and stevia and pour this over the frozen bananas. I had maybe 5-7 baby bananas.

Frozen Chocolate Bananas with Grated Coconut 




Some hours later I did a short but intense Interval Yoga Sequence. I had to run out of the house right after that. If I can, I make sure to eat within a few minutes of working out. Otherwise I feel it the next day.

Lunch
I went to one of the healthiest places in LA, Erehwon and picked up a salad.

GARLIC SPROUTS, PEA SHOOTS, GUACAMOLE SALAD

I put some green salsa on top, I think it was salsa verde and OH GOD! The heat got me! The top sprouts are garlic sprouts and they were more than delicious, underneath there are a bunch of pea greens and radish greens, mushrooms, lentils, guacamole, hemp seeds and chipotle dressing.
Later on I managed to make two stops at Whole foods and in Thai Town.




Driving through Hollywood.
SEVA MAPLE SAP WATER


This is the first time I have seen or heard of Maple Water from the Maple Tree Sap so I got a carton at Whole foods. It tastes pretty much like subtly sweet water with a slight maple aroma to it. Seva is a Canadian company that just started exporting it from what I can gather. It's said to be really healthy full of polyphenols, peptides, plant hormones, inulin (pre-biotics), amino acids. (BTW I am drinking it as I type this)


















I had a busy day and didn't get home till 5 which is Sofie's walk time. She practically kicked me out of the house with her leash in her mouth. ;)

DINNER TIME


2 CARTONS OF BLUEBERRIES BEFORE DINNER

MACRO CAM BLUEBERRY 

ORGANIC BLUEBERRIES

LEFT OVER FROM LUNCH SWEET POTATOES AND VEGGIES
ORGANIC ASPARAGUS AND CHERRY TOMATOES

ROASTED KABOCHA SQUASH WITH MUSTARD, SCALLIONS AND MINT.

I have also been loving raw brussel sprouts with dip. (no photo of the brussel sprouts- that's proof of how much I LOVE them :P )
This dip was a beautiful orange color. Made with tofu, coconut, aleppo peppers, carrots, turmeric, barberries.

Barberries are a new favorite superfood, super-herbal ingredient of mine. Very healing. Great for high cholesterol, epilepsy, high blood pressure; used as a liver cleanser, antibacterial, anti-hystamine (for allergies) and the list goes on and on. They are sweet and sour in flavor. Known as Zereshak in Persian cuisine. Persians use them to decorate and add sour flavor to rice dishes. It's also used in some Indian chutneys. Funny thing a lot of the indian chutneys remind me of my dip recipes haha :D



DRIED BARBERRIES 
For my Bulgarian readers I think the name in bulgarian is berberis (Berberis vulgaris)
 and it's been researched in Bulgaria as an effective treatment for rheumatism and inflammatory diseases. 


I think that was a lot of nourishing food for one day :D 

LOVE AND BLESSINGS 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ali,

    How do you deal with bloating from all the high fiber, purely vegetable and fruit based diet? I find that with the large volume of plant foods I eat, my stomach is almost always extended and bloated, which looks so awkward because the rest of my body is fairly thin. Is this ever a problem for you?

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it the opposite. No bloating as long as I drink enough fluids and don't mix my veggies with the fruits, wait between meals, etc Also I have noticed that the moderate to low fat intake is very helpful. Make sure you are not allergic, sensitive to certain foods. Best

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info Ali. I discovered you about a month or so ago, and I find you amazing and inspirational.
    My question is how do you get your protein with this kind of diet? Do you take any vegan protein powder to get all your amino acids?
    And may I add that you have a beautiful skin!
    If you don't mind me asking, what face moisturizer and sunscreen do you use to maintain such a gorgeous skin in the californian weather?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ali, Wow...Yummy day!...the frozen banana breakfast made me whine a little. This was such a timely blog for me. I have been thinking a lot lately about the huge difference in how I look and feel since starting your 80-10-10 mostly raw vegan diet and, leaving behind my more traditional vegan diet. One of the main factors of importance to me personally is that I am NOT hungry all the time anymore...It is like the added protein in the conventional vegan diet actually over-stimulated my appetite. I know I am very healthy because my annual and blood tests put me in the stellar health category. I think the most helpful diet change I learned from you was the tweak to the sauces and dips that I now LOVE and use daily...All of the Raw cookbooks have recipes containing way too much oil and tons of nuts. The use of products like frozen peas, raw or cooked yams, carrots, or squashes, and sprouted tofu as the base for dips and sauces changed everything for me. My weigh regulated FAST, and, my energy level increased a lot. Also, I so prefer the taste now. I would never have believed that if you hadn't showed me how to make these changes. Thank you so much for all of this amazing information on simple, healthy, everyday food...I used to crave cook grains like crazy...Now, I don't even think about them...which, is very freeing...xox, my beautiful yogini...L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information shared with us. The safe framework lives up to expectations with the kidneys and liver to dispose of destructive substances from the body. At the point when these contaminants over the House, stay put away in the House until they can be evacuated in the liver and kidney them. The circumstance is prone to bring about unfriendly impacts on the Body and the soul like hurts, exhaustion, unfavorable susceptibilities, sleep deprivation and migraines. kidney cleanse diet serves to enhance the circumstance of the poisons made in the House.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is providing good information. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates. I really appreciated this post. Just want to say thank you for the information you have shared. Just continue writing this kind of post.
    medium grain rice

    ReplyDelete

Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c